Immunity Booster – Methi (fenugreek seeds) ke laddu.
What is meant by immunity booster foods? The foods or a recipe which helps to build capacity or strength of body to fight with infections and thus keeps us healthy. There are number of immunity booster foods , We usually differentiate them on the basis of seasons.
In this article we are sharing an easy recipe of one of such food along with how coming together of contents creates an healthy effect on our body and helps to boosts our immunity.
Lets see the detailed information about “Methi ke laddu.”
- Fenugreek seeds ( Meethi ) – 50 gms
- Edible gum resin ( Gond ) – 50 gms
- Dried dates powder ( Khajur ) – 100 gms
- Finely cut pieces of fig ( Anjir ) – 100 gms
- Almond nut powder ( Badam ) – 100 gms
- Cashew powder ( Kaju ) – 100 gms
- Black raisins Kala ( Munakka ) – 100 gms
- Marking nut karnel powder ( Godambi ) – 100 gms
- Walnuts powder ( Akharot ) – 100 gms
- Cow ghee – 500 gms
- First of all grind the fenugreek seeds in mixer grinder & make fine powder of it.
- Deep fry the given quantity of edible gum resin in cow ghee. After deep frying it bulges out & becomes crispy. Crush the fried edible gum resin.
- Now in pan take fine powder of fenugreek seeds. Add cow ghee to the pan. The powder should dip in ghee so take ghee according to that.
- Fry this fenugreek powder in ghee till its color turns slight reddish.
- The mixture will also have pleasant smell which will be the indicator that you have to stop frying. Keep to cool down.
- When the fried fenugreek powder comes to room temperature add crushed edible gum resin & other all the ingredients (powder form) to it and mix it thoroughly.
- Make small balls out of it which we call laddu(Balls).
- Eat this one laddu(Ball) everyday in winter season.
The functions of ingredients as follows –
- Edible gum resin, Marking nut karnel, Dried Dates, Fenugreek seeds – They pacify vata dosha. Toughen bones, strengthen muscles.
- Almond, Walnuts, Cashew, Cow ghee – Improves memory. Boosts grasping powder. Act as brain tonic.
- Black raisins, Figs, Dried dates – Act on blood as purifier also improves iron (Haem) content of blood. Improve hunger sensation. Also act as an digestive aid.
Here we can see how all the ingredients contribute in every manner to boost the immunity and the overall strength of body. So lets enjoy this delicacy this winter at fullest, & be blessed with long live immunity.
Stay healthy. Stay tuned.