Seeds of plant ‘cannabis sativa’ available as Hemp seeds in the market are gaining increased recognition as a Doozy food item. This seed is a complete nutrition pack. Recent research and studies has confirmed its significance role and so your Dietitian/Nutritionist may suggest you to wisely opt for this. Before expending your money on mere a seeds you may think wide.
- Why you should eat: this is incredibly Nutritious.
- What Nutrition you get :Packed with Protein, fibres, Vitamins & Minerals. Vit.E, Minerals like Potassium, Magnesium,Zinc present in good amount.
- Exceptionally rich in essential fatty acid– omega 6 and omega 3 present in the ratio of 3:1 which is considered to be the optimal range.
- How to consume: raw/ Cooked /Roasted form. Flavor- Mild, nutty
- Digestibility-Very good, 80℅ insoluble fiber.
- Best way to eat- Being versatile in nature, it can be sprinkled on salad, mixed in with yogurt or add on to the smoothie.
- Proven efficacious in diseases like Alzheimer’s and controlling the PMS symptoms in women.
- Evidence based health benefits of Hemp are known now and simply cut to the chase this seed has been marked under nutritious and delicious Super food.
- Must know the Magical 4 benefits are listed below.
- Heart Diseases– ‘Arginine’ present in this seed produces Nitric oxide which further make blood vessels dilate and relax leading to lower the blood pressure and heart diseases. Lower the risk of blood clot formation.
- May Benefit skin disorder- Helps in eczema by relieving from dry skin , improve itchiness.
- PMS & Menopause: physical and emotional symptoms caused by PMS are very likely caused by sensitivity to the hormone ‘Prolactin’. Presence of GLA (Gama linolenic acid) produces Prostaglandin E1 reduces the effect of prolactin. So, this seed is a hormone imbalance regulator.
So, why not to include this in our kitchen shelf. Prepare according to your choice. Take home message: Three tablespoons of hulled hemp seeds gives you 10 grams (g) of protein, 14 g fat and 2 g fiber. Cook a finger lickin’ good and enjoy the nutri pack with a contentment.
By Smriti Jha