Ayurveda is a vast and ancient medical science. Unlike other medical sciences, instead of focusing on treatment of any particular disease, Ayurveda focuses more on the healthy living and prevention of diseases. For healthy living, Ayurveda emphasizes on having right kind of diet which is healthy and nutritious. According to Ayurveda, there are positive and negative qualities of diet. Since, Ayurveda deals with a holistic approach to healing, it covers the diet factor in depth, the food is considered not only as mixture of the basic ingredients like proteins, vitamins, fats and carbohydrates, but it directs to mental qualities like Sattvik, Rajasik and Tamasik types of food. These sort of food may induce the accumulation of toxins in the body which may end up in chronic diseases.
Ayurveda has categorized food into three types based on its basic quality
Sattvic or spiritual quality, which is enriching and elevating the level of energy for mind and soul
Rajasic or active quality, and food has a basic tendency to provoke man to a materialistic and selfish way of living.
Tamasic or material quality, which leads to a devilish streak in a person.
So According to Ayurveda, Incompatible foods can be considered as Rajasik and Tamasik food. Also they create toxicity in the body which can lead to certain kind of chronic diseases. In modern times, we can also compare with allergy. Some people have tendencies to react on consuming certain foods so that those foods can cause allergy to that person. Ayurveda has much broader definition of Viruddha Ahara.
- After consuming green leafy vegetables, drinking of milk should be avoided.
- Meat of animals of marshy regions is incompatible with masa ( black gram), honey, milk, germinated grains, jaggery.
- Sour substances like fruits(oranges, sweet lime, grapes etc.) are incompatible with milk.
- Honey should never be cooked.
- One should not take fish along with milk because this combination is Abhishyandi (great obstruction for channels), it vitiates blood.
- Consuming very cold Curd at night.
- Consuming cold water immediately after having hot tea or coffee.
- Ghee kept for more than ten days in a bronze vessel heat again should be avoided.
- Mixture of equal quantities of honey, ghee, muscle fat, oil, and mixture in their combination of any two, three or all of them together is incompatible with each other.
- Combination of fruit salad, milk, banana should be avoided.
Authentic Ayurveda & Classical Panchkarma for all Chronic & Acute Diseases.
Above SBI Ramdevnagar road branch,SATELLITE,AHMEDABAD.